Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnesium levels in pHPT

5 posters

Go down

Magnesium levels in pHPT  Empty Magnesium levels in pHPT

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 am

Does anyone know what usually happens to serum magnesium in parathyroid disease.
Has anyone had theirs tested.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Magnesium levels in pHPT  Empty Re: Magnesium levels in pHPT

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 am

I have read that people with pHPT often have low magnesium levels and that taking Mg supplements can help with the symptoms, particularly sleep problems. I'm not sure about the science behind it but I think you need magnesium for calcium to be absorbed correctly, but I need to research it. Someone did suggest to me that taking a supplement might help with my sleep disturbance but I would prefer to get my magnesium levels checked first to be sure I'm not over supplementing, but it's hard enough getting the idiot GP to test my Ca and PTH regularly........ Rolling Eyes Perhaps I'll add this to my question list for Miles Levy tomorrow.....

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:52 am

Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:54 am

Oops just noticed that last link is relevant to hypoparathyroid. Note to self PAY ATTENTION .....

J x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks Jasmine. Yikes I've had mine tested in the past and it's higher end of normal. More to worry about now. 
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:54 am

Sounds as though you're firing on all cylinders in some areas, Amanda - I shouldn't think that level would be anything to worry about.

Mine is always about in the low/middle of the range.

Love Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Tigerlily
Good luck with your FP app later sending you lots of hugs.
I think my body is so all over the place, that's why I'm feeling so awful. I feel like I've been hit by a baseball bat all over this morning. I'm just worried that higher mag may be leading more to FHH. I think I'm getting obsessed by it. Oh well there's nothing I can do to influence the outcome of that test. I just wish it would blooming well hurry up.
Wishing you lots of lucky Cats cat  I love you For later, I know you won't need them so let us know when you can how it goes.
Love Amanda xxxx

Last edited by Amanda Lynne on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a Y, why ? I don't know x)
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Amanda, first have some hugs because you sound like you need them  Smile I wouldn't start worrying about more things than you already have to worry about, until it's absolutely positive that there is something to worry about... Now whilst you work that out, stop worrying  Shocked At least for a little while. 

I know what you mean about your body being all over the place as mine's a wreck at the moment. My GP told me I shouldn't be driving last week and I do try to avoid it because my brain is in bits. I'm not coping well at the moment, so you're not alone. The real me is somewhere behind me going 'Who the heck are you?!' 

Deep breaths and keep holding on. We're all here for you. 

Love and hugs 
Brigitte xxxx

Last edited by Brigitte0 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because brain fog)
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Well I just wrote a post and it disappeared on me, got to try and remember what I wrote now! That'll be a challenge in itself.... What a Face

Brigitte I can completely identify with the loss of identity thing, at the weekend I started a conversation with Mr Jasmine which came completely out of left field, it was meaningless and he didn't have a clue what I was on about, and then I started to argue a point which he wasn't even disagreeing with and I just couldn't see why he wasn't getting it, and I got upset with him; he said "who are you and what have you done with my wife". I realised after that I was talking scribble again and it's a really scary feeling.

Amanda, I know you're feeling rubbish and I'm sending you a BIG cyberhug! I read something the other day about everyone needing someone to care about them and understand, and that you should feel hugged so tightly by them that you can feel all your broken pieces mending together again! I'm hugging VERY tightly, now mend ......! Hang on in there Amanda, you're a strong woman and we've just got to cling to the edge of the boat for a little while longer...keep thinking about when we get chucked out of the Ritz for dancing on the tables and being told by 'da management' that we're all old enough to know better.....that's when we clonk him one with our 24 hour urine collection bottles and collect our ASBOs on the way out .... lol!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Hahaha thanks Brigitte & Jasmine for the hugs and for confusing my poor brain. I'm finding that I too have to concentrate extra hard on everything at present otherwise I seem to drift off into my own little world, my brain feels like it used to in my youth when I'd had too mush to drink (sorry" much" MUSH is what my brain feels like) spaced out and not really connected. It's horrible, poor you Jasmine that sounds very distressing I've done it and even though I know I'm talking rubbish, it just spews out and then I get upset.
I'm trying not to worry, I promise, the reason I initially asked about Magnesium was that when I was looking at the historical medical records I got, I noticed the Mag was in upper end of normal and just wondered if it meant anything.
I'm with you Brigitte on the "who the heck are you?"
I went to meet my Daughter Emily for lunch, she works near a shopping centre and just couldn't be A***d to even look around at any clothes (that's deffo not like me) I wasn't even going to go out as I felt so crappy  Crying or Very sad  but I went anyway, and came home straight after lunch.
I'm holding on, in fact my knuckles have gone white from the effort, or is that just another symptom ??? I hope I don't capsize.
Sending back Love n big squeezy hugs. I can't wait for the day when we cause havoc in The Ritz.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi Amanda,
I had my magnesium tested last time and it was 0.85 mmol/L range was 0.70 - 1.0 so slap bang in the middle.  I remember my GP expecting it to be lower.  
But I too am still perched on the FHH chair sigh so not sure if this helps.
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down