Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium

+2
Tigerlily
Amanda Lynne
6 posters

Go down

Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium  Empty Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Does anyone know anything about treating muscle pain and headaches with magnesium. A friend has said she was told by her acupuncturist that ongoing muscle aches can be alleviated by taking magnesium.
Just wondering whether it's worth a try to help with bad neck and headaches, I'm very wary about making things worse.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium  Empty Re: Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium

Post by Tigerlily Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi Amanda

Yes, I 've heard that magnesium can help with these, but it's not easily absorbed when taken in tablet form, as I understand it.

Epsom salts bath are a good way of getting it into the system and should help with muscle aches, and you can now get a magnesium oil that you rub into muscles/bones that goes into the system via the skin - must get some of that for my elbow.

The headaches are more difficult, though. With this strange headache I've had for a month now where my whole face/skull/head feels tight and constricted (connected I believe with the jaw swelling that I can see, 3 trusted friends can see, but no medic will acknowledge ...) I just go for as long as I can during the day and then have to take a coupls of strong painkillers about 3pm (Codis/Co-codamol/Paracodol).

It's worth trying the magnesium oil on your neck and aching bits, though, I would think - available from Victoria Health, but probs more cheaply on the web as well.

Let us know how you get on with it if you try it.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium  Empty Re: Muscle stiffness/pain & headaches & magnesium

Post by lozza Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi,
 i also get a lot of stiffness especially in legs, i haven't tried anything, but would be interested in anything that works. i do find have a nice hot bath, with relaxing bubble bath help- this might contain some magnesium, i will have to look.

best wishes

lozza

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks Ladies I'll head to the Health store.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Hang on girls in the back of my befuddled mind there is something about magnesium affecting calcium and calcitonin levels, found this article

http://www.mgwater.com/calmagab.shtml

I have terminal brain fade tonight so can't get my head round this article but you might want to check it out before diving for the mag in case it's a bad idea.

I know on another forum it was mentioned that taking mag will increase calcium levels but how scientific that is I don't now and my brain won't allow me to find out  geek

Of course it's more than likely that I am talking twaddle so feel free to ignore and carry on  Rolling Eyes 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:00 pm

No no Nelly I want any info I can find.
Thanks A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:37 am

Great article, Nelly! I wanted to add here that I have had a VERY stiff and painful neck for 3-1/2 years straight now. My head hurt for some degree for over 3 straight years. I've been having terrible trouble with muscle cramps, muscle stiffness, muscle twitches, and muscle weakness. I have tried taking magnesium several times over the years. I had stopped taking it for a while when I read that too much magnesium can actually cause muscle cramping. My last lab results revealed my magnesium was very low/normal, so I started taking it again. I was hoping it might help with the stiffness, pain, twitching, cramping, and weakness. The twitching has let up a bit. The weakness feels a bit better some days. The stiffness, pain, and cramping have not improved at all. Maybe I just need to take it longer? Maybe I need to take more? I am not sure at this time. I am anxious to see what my level is the next time I have it checked.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:10 am

Yes, Nelly - great article - I had also read that taking magnesium tablets themselves could affect calcium.
We need to do some research on this, All.

Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:13 am

Very interesting reading, Nelly. I have no idea of my magnesium levels, but I do eat nuts. We're eat quite healthily because my husband has high blood pressure. It seems to be doing him good, if not me! 

I need to look more into this, I just need an article that is simple to understand at the moment. I like the terminal brain fade reference, Nelly! 

Love 
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down