Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelly News

+4
Brigitte0
pilipala
Jasmine2
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Nelly News Empty Nelly News

Post by Admin Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 pm

4:30am alarm to leave the house at 5:30 and arrived at Southmead Hospital a little before 7:00.
Checked-in and passed the initial pre-op checks, along with lots of Q&As.

Surgeon and Registrar visited (Surgeon seemed to be in a good mood, which helps with confidence).
The scans shows that there is one adenoma on the left side, so not expecting to have to search for it.

Nelly was first on the list for surgery this morning.
Expecting to be discharged tomorrow lunchtime after blood tests (especially calcium).

Will post again when I have some news.

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nelly News Empty Re: Nelly News

Post by Jasmine2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks for the update, Edwin. Glad Nelly lit up the Sestamibi, always reassuring to see a surgical target! Been thinking of her this morning, looking forward to the next update! Hope you've got all your mucking out chores done..... ! What a Face

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by pilipala Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks so much for the update Edwin, thinking of you both today and hoping for a smooth and very successful result!

Best wishes,

Dee

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

So kind of you to let us have an update, Edwin. I'm glad Nelly was first on the list so it would have been all systems go and no hanging around for her. 

All the best for your mucking out duties and hope you get everything done to her satisfaction!

Best Wishes and love

Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Nelly is now recovering, with a sore throat and pain when swallowing.

She went to theatre at 9:00 and woke-up at 1:15pm.
The op was more complicated than expected and the little burger was not exactly where the Surgeon expected.  it was muddled-up with her vocal chords and some nerves.

The longer than expected op resulted in the cancellation of two following Thyroid ops (but they also did not have enough beds).
Being first definitely has its advantages ;-) but sorry for the poor sods who were sent home.

Blood is being monitored.  Calcium has dropped, so she is taking something-cal whose name I can't remember.

Nelly is in a room with a dippy old lady and another lady who was probably dug-up by the Time Team.

The next update will be tomorrow morning.

Edwin
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi Edwin,
Thanks so much for the updates, have been thinking about Nelly all day and hoping everything went well.  Wishing her a speedy recovery and hope you got the ice cream in ready for her homecoming tomorrow.
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks for the update again, Edwin. I'm so pleased to hear that Nelly is all sorted out, even if it did take longer than expected. She's through it now and that's the main thing. I'm with Sue and hope you've got her some ice cream!

All the best to Nelly for a very speedy recovery and a welcome home when you bring her back tomorrow.

Love and hugs

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks everyone and thank you Tesco for your very nice finest Chicken Tikka Masala :-)

Only the Guinea Pigs and Hamster left to feed this evening.

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 pm

So glad it over and Nelly was first. Love and prayers for a speedy recovery. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
                      Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Nelly has eaten a nice ham sandwich and jelly.

Yum yum

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Is that standard fare after a parathyroidectomy?! I had to peel off the crusts and pick out the tomato from my sarnie because I couldn't swallow it  Shocked Hope Nelly enjoyed hers and the jelly goes down a treat Smile 

Love

Brigitte xxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:44 am

Never had a ham and jelly sandwich before may have to try it. I did try banger and mash on a cruise ship once and it was pretty good.

Hope Nelly can escape tomorrow. Speedy recovery wishes to her.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14 am

Nelly had a high temperature overnight, but she's seen the Surgeon today and is expecting to come home this afternoon, subject to this morning's Calcium blood test result.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Kathi209 wrote:Never had a ham and jelly sandwich before may have to try it. I did try banger and mash on a cruise ship once and it was pretty good.

Hope Nelly can escape tomorrow. Speedy recovery wishes to her.

The ham sandwich was the main course, jelly for dessert What a Face

Currently waiting for the calcium tabs from pharmacy.
Expected pick-up at 15:00.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Edwin, in the US I believe their jelly is our jam? What we call jelly they call jello, am I right our US friends? So on the premise that they eat peanut butter and jelly (jam) sandwiches in the US, a ham and jelly sandwich is not too much of a stretch of the imagination? Kathi, tell me if I'm completely off the mark here!

Sending love and hugs for Nelly, plenty of R & R, ice cream and berry sorbet, and thanks for your updates Edwin.

Kathi, bangers and mash, mmmmmmmm........! It's got to be a good quality banger though, and buttery mash!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Edwin so sorry to hear Nelly has a temp, hope she is able to leave the hospital in the afternoon. Hugs to her.

Jasmine  Oh yes jello makes more sense. We do love our peanut butter and jelly [ jam] sandwiches. hahaha    Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 am

I guess you must be right, Jasmine, because I was thinking it was odd that someone would eat jelly for dessert! Yes, we eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so I guess your jam must be our jelly, and your jelly must be out Jell-o! Although, we also have jam here in the US. It is fruit stewed in sugar. It is then thick and spreadable. I was wondering about that ham and jelly sandwich too! Glad Edwin explained that. Smile

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:31 am

And I forgot to mention that I don't know how I missed the original post on this thread! Sorry, Nelly! Glad you're home now!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down