Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment

4 posters

Go down

Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment Empty Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment

Post by mealinacup1 Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi Ladies and Gents

I would appreciate any advice regarding the pre op assessment, how long does it take and what do i need to ask?

Many thanks 

Diana
xx

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment Empty Re: Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment

Post by Hadleigh Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Mine took about 4 hours, they do ECG, bp, heght,weight, blood tests, mrsa test, ask a load of qurestions , check heart and lungs and maybe a few other things I have forgotten !! You may see the anaesthetist, I should have but she wasn't there! I did see the pharmacist which was a waste of time.

I don't recall having to ask anything as they covered all of it. 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment Empty Re: Advice needed on what happens at the pre-op assessment

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Yes, that's similar to mine Nelly and it took about 4 hours. I had a vocal chord check too. The nurse asked a million questions and filled in dozens of forms. Slight exaggeration, but it seemed like it at the time!

Nothing to worry about Diana. They tell you about your op and anaesthetic etc and it's all quite friendly. 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Well, mine was done in Tamp in about 10 minutes.  : )     I'm not much help, am I?  
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down