Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endo just called

+4
Tigerlily
Brigitte0
lozza
Lucycatnaps
8 posters

Go down

Endo just called Empty Endo just called

Post by Lucycatnaps Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Ohhhh was just reading Jasmine's update and the phone rang.  My endo from Pilgrim just called to say he has the results from my Dexa scan which are fine, which is good news.  He also said he had received the letter from Mr P mooting the FHH possibility but to his mind my urine results are above the 0.01 cut off and therefore it is not FHH.  He asked had I had my bloods repeated yet as he wants to know my D levels.  I replied that I was going to have them done a couple of weeks before my next appointment in mid July , so he has advised me to get them done sooner and if he gets chance he will review and contact me before my next appointment if he wants me to take Vit D.  However he did point out my PTH has been steadily dropping although it was still inappropriately high in relation to calcium.  I did point out that the last sample for PTH was kicking around for over 30 hours.  Soo I will go first thing Monday morning to the hospital for repeat bloods and see if I can get them to copy results to my GP otherwise getting hold of them will be nigh impossible.
I just don't want to be caught between the endo and the surgeon on this FHH thing, Mr P did say he thought it was 70-30 in favour of HPT.  I think I will see if my endo will refer me to Mr P under normal channels and see how that goes, but I might ask to redo the 24hr wee anyway. 
Woke up with a rotten headache this morning, am sure it is hormonal or dehydration, I am just really thirsty again and do wonder if it due to being in the sun more last few days?
I am still waiting for US/FNA of lump on neck as well, its been over a fortnight since I saw orals so will start chasing that up as well next week.

PS.  The strumpet Miss Lucy finally appeared at midnight, so home safe and well and I could go to bed.
Big hugs everyone, Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Endo just called Empty Re: Endo just called

Post by lozza Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Sue,

Glad Miss Lucy came in , what are these cats like. I feel a right part calling "Dudley, Dudley" all hours of the night, neighbours are probably screaming " He isn't going to want to come in ...." cat 

Good that your Endo rang and they can review your bloods before next appointment, plus they can send any further info to Mr P.

I think the more bloods that they have these help to create a better picture.

Out of interest my pth drop to 7.5 and than rose to 15! not sure what is going on, have rung my GP and they have letter from hospital, I haven't got a copy yet, but at least can review with GP next week.

Have a good weekend

Lozza Very Happy

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi Sue

Glad Miss Lucy turned up, she must have forgotten the time because she was having such fun  Laughing  cat 

It's good that your Endo keeps in touch; (mine appears to have gone missing in action). You have to find all the positives there that he's interested in your case and wants to keep up with your bloods and as Lozza said, they help to enhance the gathered information.

I'm sorry about your headache and hope it's eased over the day and hasn't made you too miserable in the meantime. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:59 pm

So glad Miss Lucy rolled up eventually! I know how I feel when Miss Lily goes AWOL.
Nightmare!

Great news that things are moving - keep up the fluids and I hope the head easesw off so you can enjoy the weekend.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:24 am

Sounds like your endo is on the ball, mine might have gone on holiday with Brigitte's. It's difficult to know whether the thirst is because it's so hot but I'm drinking pints and I've never done that before (of water before you ask!). Hope your headache didn't last too long.

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Sounds like things are moving right along for you, Sue. Glad your endo called to discuss things with you. My doctors NEVER call me. If I want to know anything, I have to call them. I don't know why it's so hard for them to make phone calls

Onward you go!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Forgot to mention, I have had cats all of my life. I used to always let my cats outside. Until, that is, when I accidentally ran over 1 of my little buddies out in our driveway very early one dark, rainy, foggy morning. I killed the little guy. That was 22 years ago. I have had 6 cats since that time. NONE of them have every been outside! Well, I take that back. One time my daughter-in-law forgot to close the door, and 2 of them did get out. One came right back in. The other was lost for 3 days! Another traumatic experience for me, since he had never been out before! We finally found him. He had been hiding out in the neighbor's shed. Turned out, there was another cat (not mine) hanging around the shed, keeping my kitty from getting out. My little guy was very shy and frightened, so he stayed in that shed. One morning as I was calling for him, I heard some movement in the weeds around the shed. I went closer and saw his little face peeking through the weeds. As he started to move toward me, that other cat jumped down near him and scared him back in. I had to chase away the other cat, and I finally coaxed mine back out. Oh, I should write a book about my experience with cats! I could tell you some whoppers!

Very happy Miss Lucy came home!!  Very Happy 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Haha! Sorry to laugh but Audrey we have a bit of a language 'across the pond-ism' again.   I know what you're meaning to say about telling whoppers, but to us Brits telling whoppers means telling lies, and I'm certain you're not intending to be making up stories for our entertainment.  Hahahaha still laughing ......

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Hilarious, Jasmine! No, I didn't intend to fill the forum with lies!  Laughing  Actually, in the US it could mean either something big OR a lie OR both.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:46 pm

I am also glad to her that things are moving forward for you Sue.

Jasmine in the states we even have a hamburger that is called the Whopper What a Face

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Yes, we sure do. I'm a vegetarian, so I didn't think of that.  Laughing 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Well ladies, your whoppers made me smile and I really needed that! Smile

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:00 am

Hi again,
I went to the hospital first thing this morning and had my bloods drawn, asked them to copy to my GP which after checking with her boss was allowed!!  It dawned on me on Saturday why I think I got a phone call from endo.  
At my first appointment he gave me a form for bloods to be taken prior to next appointment and check my D levels.  He said 6 weeks but no appts then so its mid July so thought I would get them done beginning of July.  He asked me on Friday about bloods taken on 5th June, as no D was done, did I go to my GP for them?   Soo I am thinking has he got someone elses bloods??  I told him the last bloods I had done were on 6th May prior to my initial appt with him and they were done at my GP and none since.   So I have just worked out that 6th May english style 6/5/14 and 5th June is 5/6/14, so I guess that is where he got muddled.

Here is a true story, years ago we had a brown burmese called Cassie, she was the most intelligent clever cat we have ever had and also a good mouser.  We had my parents to stay and Mum and I were out one hot summers evening, leaving my dad and OH supping beers outside and babysitting.  Upon our return my dad had the giggles, saying we had missed all the fun.  Cassie had brought in a mouse and it had been running all over the living room with my dad and OH trying to catch it and rescue. Eventually they ended up on hands and knees with the mouse cornered next to the radiator and my OH saying I think it has gone down behind.  Then my dad says the next thing he knew was OH leaping up in the air and yelling and my dad shouting what's wrong?????  OH is shaking his leg like mad saying it's run up my trouser leg!!! Mouse was catapulted out and beat a hasty retreat behind the cupboard, so they retired to the patio back to their beers, shut Cassie in and within 5 minutes she had retrieved our little visitor.
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:22 am

We borrowed a neighbours cat once when we had a mouse in the shed. Shut them in together and when we checked on them the cat was fast asleep with the mouse running round on the floor; should have borrowed yours!

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:07 am

Just in case Audrey needs a translation:

OH = "other half" = significant other = husband or partner   !!

And Sue's obviously needs to "shake a leg" = get a grip = cut the mustard
 = improve some on the mousing front!!

Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks, Tigerlily, but I figured that out. I figured it was either oily hog or other half.  Laughing  Just kidding. I knew it was other half, but thanks anyway.

Loved the story, Sue!! I was picturing this in my mind and laughing out loud. I'm sure my own cats thought I had lost it!

I sure hope they got your bloodwork all straightened out, Sue! Yikes, that could be bad!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:26 am

Great story about the cat and mouse. I am glad Audrey figured out OH, now what is a fortnight? Sue you made my day.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 am

Hahaha! Kathi, a fortnight is two weeks......

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Oh, my gosh, I was out shopping today, when all of a sudden I thought of something terrible! When I made that comment about the meaning of OH, I didn't mean that Sue might have been referring to her hubby as an oily hog!!!! I was just trying to think of different words that started with OH, and oily hog sounded really stupid, so I typed it! Wow, I sure hope everybody understood that, or that might have really sounded awful!!  Shocked 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 pm

I got the message, Audrey, and I'm sure Sue wouldn't have taken it the wrong way!

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Ohh Audrey,
It made me smile and is far kinder than some of the names I could think of, he hates being called hubby so I tend to use OH as he is the "older half " hehe.  I wouldn't trade him in for anything but he sure has his moments as do I.
Hugs Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down