Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling sorry for myself !!

+7
Little Audrey
Meggy
Tigerlily
Amanda Lynne
Lucycatnaps
Jasmine2
Veejay
11 posters

Go down

Feeling sorry for myself !! Empty Feeling sorry for myself !!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,
Feeling sorry for myself, particularly because its Father's Day and my dad passed away April this year and just lately i am feeling exhausted with this horrible Parathyroid Disease, very weepy today and i feel more symptomatic today, very achy, nausea, brain fog etc (i'm sure you all know what i mean!)

Sometimes you just get tired of waiting for appointments, fighting your cause. 
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

My whine is over now i hope you are all having a good day.

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Feeling sorry for myself !! Empty Re: Feeling sorry for myself !!

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:09 pm

flower 
Am sending you some sympathy Diana. Hope you feel better soon and don't have to wait too long to get the parathyroid sorted.
Veejay
Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi Diana

So sorry you're feeling blaaaaaaaah at the moment, we all know that feeling, some days you cope better than others with the effects of this wretched disease, depending on how strong we're feeling emotionally, so it's perfectly understandable that it's getting you down more today of all days, as it's still really soon after losing your dad.  I still have my darling dad but he's very elderly and very frail and we make the most of each occasion in case it's the last.  This disease takes no prisoners when it gets you in it's grip, it's tough on the strongest of characters and almost intolerable when you're emotionally spent.  I've been incredibly fatigued myself this weekend, tireder than I've felt in a while, and it never ceases to take me aback at just how unpredictable days can be, that you can have a few decent days then boom - down you go, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it but wait to feel better again.  Hope you come out of this down spell soon, Diana.

And Veejay, good to hear from you again, hope you're keeping well?

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi Diana,
I really wish I could jump right through cyberspace and give you a great big hug and a shoulder or two.  I know how you feel and it's the pits.  I also know that sometimes it helps to just have a good cry and let it out, I heard it called emotional perspiration once!  I just wish that this dratted condition did not have such a huge systemic impact on us, it is just so hard at times.  It will pass, tomorrow is a day closer to getting well and I hope you feel a tad better then.  I am with you though on the long waits between appointments sigh, you take care of yourself.
Hugs again Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi Diana
I sympathise I feel shattered today and you must feel emotionally and physically exhausted after losing your Dad so recently.
Sending you love n hugs.
Amanda xxxx

Last edited by Amanda Lynne on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Blasted predictive text.)
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi Diana

So sorry to hear you are feeling down today - it's a sad day for daughters of lost fathers - I think I know some of what you feel. 

You're so right about getting so fed up of waiting for appointments.
It really takes its toll with frustration and upset.

As I like to understand it, because Dads are not Mums (who hold daughters close because they are of the same kind) the job of Dads is to push daughters gently (and with love) out into the world and give them the tools and the strength to fight their corner in it. As you have come this far with this disease and are still hanging on in there, it looks as though your Dad did something of a good job!

Bless you, my Dear - rest up for a while and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Hello Veejay, Jasmine, Sue, Amanda, Tigerlily,

Thank you all for your kind supportive comments, i really appreciate them.

I find it very uplifting to be able to discuss on this forum, how Parathyroid disease really affects you emotionally and physically, as i'm sure you all do, the good days and the bad!

So take care everyone.

love

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 am

Sorry I'm late Diana, so sorry about your dad and with having so many symptoms too you are perfectly entitled to have a whinge (heaven knows I did and with less cause!). It helped me to know others understood what this disease was doing to me and wouldn't think I was complaining about nothing (one friends told me it was just like the menopause so we all went through it).

Hope you are feeling a little brighter today xx

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Diana, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. Losing a parent is so very painful, and feeling as we all do with this stupid disease makes it even harder to deal with everything. Not that losing your father would be any easier to handle if you were feeling well, but I know from my own experience that it's much harder to deal with EVERYTHING now that I'm totally drained from fighting this darned disease.

I do hope you're having a better day today and are able to smile again and get on with your fight! We're all here to cheer you on when you need it!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by pilipala Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi Diana,

I'd like to send a virtual hug too! 

When I have a bad day and can't stop crying, I like to think that at least I'm getting rid of some calcium in those tears*

(* I haven't found any research to back this up but tears do contain dissolved minerals including calcium and so possibly HPT patients could have raised levels in their tears too. However a bit like urine, this may be the opposite as the raised PTH pulls all the calcium into the bloodstream so you actually excrete less in sweat and tears.)

In any case, this condition sucks and it sucks even more when general life is hard. I'm glad you can share how you are feeling on the bad days and I hope and pray you have better days soon.

Love
Dee

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi Diana
   So sorry you are feeling bad this damn disease will get to you, I keep saying I am not going to let it get me down but some days, pow it just does. I have some nausea problems and have tried everything nothing works. I started on Prilosec a [ PPI] to see if that would help for 2 weeks is was working so I thought yeah I will cure myself ,but Nooooo  tummy trouble back. Sometimes I feel pretty good for weeks at a time, so I feel my symptoms are mild, till they hit all at once. I hope you feel better soon.
                                                                       take care Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi Meggy, Audrey, Dee, Kathi,

Thank you, for your support and understanding, as i have said previously i just know that everyone on this forum totally understands and gets this Parathyroid disease.

I would just like to add, i am feeling more uplifted today, yesterday i just dissolved into puddle of weepiness, but  thanks to your great support and i am ready to start pushing forwards again towards getting well!

Thanks once again and take care everyone.

love

Diana x

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Diana

I'm so glad you're feeling better today. The lovely people here are so brilliant at helping you pick yourself up when you're down and best of all, they really do understand.

I was so miserable yesterday, I didn't even come on the forum, so sending you a virtual hug now to keep your spirits uplifted.

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:18 am

Diana,
      Glad you are feeling some better.  As Jasmine said this is a wretched disease.  I feel for people that have it and do not have a clue as to what is wrong with them.

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:22 am

Brigitte,
     Sorry you did not feel well either yesterday.   I can totally relate.  Some people remarked about how they were crying more easily but with me it's the opposite.  I find I cannot cry.  It's like my emotional response has been compromised. 

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:29 am

Diana,
    I can also relate to what you are saying about waiting for appointments.  I have been battling this for 3 years that I know of but I think it was going on much longer than that.   It makes it hard if we fall in the category of high normal calcium but high pth. 
    Keep  looking forward. 

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down