Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling all heady

5 posters

Go down

Feeling all heady  Empty Feeling all heady

Post by Lucie83 Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi All,
Does anybody experience the feeling they're always congested, especially around the ears and a general feeling of a cold but no runny nose? Feels like there is a lot of pressure behind my eyes but a recent eye test was normal.
Been having a few "lady" sweats lately but it's not that time just yet. I'm 31 and just feel like my energy has been zapped for so long!
My neck feels like it needs a good massage!!

Lucie x

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Feeling all heady  Empty Re: Feeling all heady

Post by bridggar Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 pm

I feel like this today oddly enough. I suspect it's hayfeaver related. Have taken Beconase (as it's the only thing that works for me without making me feel drowsy).
Got bitten by a bug at weekend - I'd expect the anti-histamine to kick in but ankle is twice the size it should be today!!
Usually only lasts a day or two...

bridggar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Lucie & Briggar
I constantly feel like I have a congested head, it aches all the time and my neck is in a constant state of spasm.
Briggar insect bite sounds nasty hopefully it will go down soon.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Before my parathyroid surgery, I had terrible sinus/nose/ear congestion. My nose would run nonstop (and I do mean nonstop) for a few days to a week at a time and then stop for a week or 2 and do it all over again. My sinuses would stay congested, along with my nose and ears. About a month before my parathyroid surgery, my ENT doctor told me that she wouldn't be one bit surprised if it was the HPT causing all of that. After my surgery, my nose stopped running, and my sinuses stopped hurting, but I still have trouble with congestion in my nose and ears.

My neck has been terribly stiff now for over 3-1/2 years nonstop. Sometimes it will cramp severely for weeks at a time, but most of the time it is just very stiff and painful. I was really hoping this would resolve after surgery. I will be 8 months post-op in 6 days. It has not changed at all. This is why I'm thinking there is something else going on with me than just the HPT. And I don't say "just" HPT meaning that is not a big issue, of course!!! I mean "just" HPT as in that is not the only problem I have.

My upper arms and thighs have also been very stiff and painful for over 3-1/2 years straight. That has never let up at all. So I'm not sure if I am being helpful by telling you I still have these symptoms, but I just wanted to add this to the thread.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Thanks all. Still have the congested feeling, especially around the ears  Crying or Very sad  just not feeling quite right at the moment. My Sestamibi and U/S is still 2 weeks away, can't come quick enough!!

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Just to add to this I keep experiencing a faint popping sound in both ears, not at the same time and also a faint ringing sound that lasts no more than 10 seconds  Evil or Very Mad

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi Lucie

Spookily, just as I read your post, there was the ringing in the ears thing! I can't really contribute to the congested thing though, because I've had recurring sinusitis since I grew out of earache as a child. I was told it would improve when I moved down south from the North West 25 years ago and it actually did! I control it more or less with a nasal spray, unless it flares up badly.

Good luck with your sestamibi and u/s! I expect you feel as if you're on a countdown for the appointment. Then you'll be in another waiting limbo for what happens next, though I suppose that depends on what they find. Perhaps your hospital will be quicker than mine though!

Take care and keep going Smile 

Love
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie83 Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Brigitte,

Thanks for your reply. Coincidently, I have Chronic Sinusitis and had to have surgery on my sinuses about 8 years ago! Maybe it's down to PTH after all. I'm one of the ones that get on GP's nerves, Calcium always elevated but not high enough to diagnose HPTH, same with my PTH levels so ended up going Private and managed to persuade Consultant for Sestamibi & U/S, I'm not expecting any miracles though.

Thanks
Lucie

Lucie83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down