Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jen job done

+7
Kathi209
Amanda Lynne
Hadleigh
Jasmine2
Lucycatnaps
Little Audrey
Jennza
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jen job done Empty Jen job done

Post by Jennza Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm

No 3 on operating list. Back at hotel now. Sleepy, wobbly, bit sore. One tumour about 1.5 cm emitting 1600 units pth sited on vocal chord so little tricky to remove. Took 16 mins. Voice fine I think but so tired can't think or hardly talk!!! Will post more later. Thanks SO much for all thoughts, prayers and good wishes

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Jen job done Empty Re: Jen job done

Post by Jennza Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 pm

P.S. got a Popsicle. Purple!! Is that grape Chris? Appreciated it. Hubby organising my ice pack and pill popping regime til I can think for myself, so I'm holding the ice pack and posting with one hand. Suppose it's helping but wound site bit sore to have anything near it!!! Surgeons were Norman and politz. Sent greetings as requested but he's mega tired, poor man. Thanks again for all support. Smile can't do smileys icons Sad

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:51 pm

PPS. Seems I can do smileys!! Whole new world to discover now Smile Smile

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Jen, GREAT to hear from you and so happy it's all over!!! And you got the grape popsicle?! What a great day!

Glad all went well! Take care and get some rest.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Forgot to mention, that's a LOT of PTH!!!!  Shocked 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Jen,
I've been thinking about you all day and hoping it all went well and a big success. It is lovely that you were able to let us all know so soon that it went well. I am sure you will sleep much better tonight now that it is all over. Take care of yourself.
A big hug,
Sue in Lincs UK
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Wonderful news, Jen! So pleased it's all over and done, now time to get better and feel well again, but take it easy and allow your body time to heal.  Have you got a few more days in Tampa to rest up before your flight home? I had my surgery on a Tuesday too, and flew home on the Sunday and I was fine with the flight. And yes, that's a lot of PTH!!! Thought mine was a lot at 974.....!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:35 pm

So glad to hear it went well Jen  cheers and you are safely back in the hotel, rest up and get well very soon  Wink 

Nelly and Mr admin x
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi there all. It's ice pack time again folks. Hubby doin a great nursing job here! Couldn't sleep and felt clod, sorry cold!! One finger typing failure ...so been out by pool, walmed up and baked nicely for 10 mins, then couldn't stand any more...walmed??!!!what's that. Yes sir, my brain is just FINE too!!

It's really lovely to hear from you all . What an amazing support group. Thank you

We're here til Thursday. Ran out of leave allowance at a busy time, sadly Sad also prob can't afford any more to be honest.

Hubby's bak now with his subway lunch! Choice around here is distinctly limited. Have I answered all questions?

Bye for now ...

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Well done Jen I'm so pleased it's all over and done. Take care and rest lots.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Well done Jen's hubby  king 
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:36 pm

This is Jen's hubby sneaking a post, with her permission of course. This is a wonderfully supportive bunch of people and I have appreciated it vicariously. Thank you all for your postings, but more than that, for your loving support, thoughts and prayers. As for many of you, this has been quite a journey. Dr N thought that the tumour was 8-10 years old, which would fit from how J's been feeling in that stretch of time. Dr N drew that conclusion before the op, because of the way that her hair looked! Then the tumour confirmed it.
We came away hugely grateful for his experience, care and of course courage, in cutting away from the vocal chord. But we were also very concerned about how tired he seemed. Yesterday he did 14 ops and today 13. He is keeping long hours; we do hope he's not wearing himself out.

By the way, that emoticon is wearing a crown - or is it a halo? I don't deserve either. It's my wife and all YOU people who have coped with this debilitating disease who deserve the accolades. Keep courage and get on with getting well!

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 am

Ahh it's good to hear from you Jen's hubby, I think I can safely say on behalf of everyone that your kind words are much appreciated, I'm glad we have helped in some way on Jen's big day.

I think you definitely deserve to wear the crown for your excellent nursing skills and of course Jen deserves a crown as well for coping with hpth for so long, now it's time to get well  queen 

All the best to you both and keep us posted on progress

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:07 am

Great to hear u are doing well Jen. What a sweet husband you have.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 am

Hi Jen & Hubby
What a wonderful post, I hope everyone out there suffering from this horrible disease has this type of support from their family X
I too have a huge amount of support from mine and they are also having to go through this for a second time with me.
Sending you my best wishes for your recouperation and recovery.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 am

Yes, ditto from me, I echo those sentiments, particularly the comments from Amanda - my trip to Tampa in February was my second parathyroid surgery too, having had an unsuccessful surgery here in the UK last year.  Dr. Norman estimated that I'd probably had my tumour for around 21 years, and like Jen, that would certainly bear out how miserable life has been for me AND my family for all of those years! I would never have got through this without the love and devotion of my darling husband who has been my absolute rock.  Now I find myself possibly in the same situation for the THIRD time, as my levels haven't returned to normal yet (I'm seeing the endocrinologist tomorrow), but mine was a particularly complex case and Dr Norman was unable to locate all four of my glands, so if there is another adenoma lurking it wouldn't be for his lack of care in trying to cure me.  Yes! He looked tired and weary when I was there too..... he is a really sweet and caring man but he can be VERY cranky, especially in email responses, and he gets a lot of flak for that, but given that he works so hard and ALWAYS answers emails, sometimes at silly o'clock in the morning - and he gets hundreds, if not thousands, per year - I think he can be forgiven some crankiness, but he has upset a few people along the way, bless him.......

Keep on keeping on Jen, and Jen's hubby.  Looking forward to hearing how much better you are feeling very soon - and think of the joy of looking in the mirror and seeing your hair growing back.  Thinning hair has been one of the most upsetting things for me in all of this...

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:14 am

I was wondering if hair improves after surgery, if it does then  cheers I will look forward to that happening, that and hopefully getting rid of the constant back ache.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 am

Yes Nelly, a few people on the old forum posted that their hair had started growing back - and I think Audrey is finally having some re-growth, am I right Audrey? Dr Norman states that hair grows back after around six months post op.  I'm never too sure about musculoskeletal and how much will go after surgery, or can be attributed to PHPT, as we have to expect to get aches and pains as we get older anyway, but I guess if it's severe pain then that's not a normal part of the ageing process?

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Jasmine,
I followed all your posts on the old forum and I know you have been through so much with all this. You are always so upbeat and cheerful and I have every admiration for you. I do so hope and pray that this time things will settle for you and hope things go well today.
Thinking of you,
Sue in Lincs
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Awww thanks Sue.  Yes I feel like I've been through the mangle a bit (showing my age again - anyone else remember their mums using a mangle prior to the era of the spin dryer....?), but many others have too with this wretched disease! All you can do is keep on keeping on or let it defeat you, and believe me I've come this far so I'm not about to give up the fight!

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Mangle ? Yes I remember it was attached to a top loading machine. I used to love having a go.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Jen's hubbie again, posting whilst she is munching on cold pasta. Just 2 things to report:-
She is looking and feeling better today Smile A long night's rest with some disturbed sleep due to discomfort. But she's only taken 2 paracetamols which I find encouraging. (BTW, we had an amusing exchange with the nurse about types of pain relief; she had never heard of paracetamol and we had never heard of some of the products she was mentioning."2 nations divided by a common language". She is feeling spaced out and wobbly, but we both know that the body has some big adjustments to make.
The second thing is to correct my wife's earlier post: it was NOT a Subway sandwich after all - I found a local Cuban deli.
My best to each of you, especially those fighting the disease and the NHS. Keep hopeful.

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Jen's Husband so glad Jen is not in too much pain. I didn't need to take much pain relief either. She will feel spaced out, the anaesthetic will take a while to get out of her system. The Cuban deli sandwich sounds fantastic.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Jen's hubby

Glad to hear Jen is feeling better, every day will be another step closer to being well again.

Hmmm not to sure about the Cuban deli sandwich myself  Suspect 

By the way Jen's hubby excellent PA skills as well as nursing !

Nelly xx
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Linny Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi Everyone
A bit late catching up but good news to see someone else putting surgery behind them. Well done Jenna and get well soon. Best wishes to you and your family. I hope you are soon able to put HPTH behind you.
Best wishes
Lynn x

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum