Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jen job done

+7
Kathi209
Amanda Lynne
Hadleigh
Jasmine2
Lucycatnaps
Little Audrey
Jennza
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jen job done - Page 3 Empty Jen job done

Post by Jennza Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

No 3 on operating list. Back at hotel now. Sleepy, wobbly, bit sore. One tumour about 1.5 cm emitting 1600 units pth sited on vocal chord so little tricky to remove. Took 16 mins. Voice fine I think but so tired can't think or hardly talk!!! Will post more later. Thanks SO much for all thoughts, prayers and good wishes

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Jen job done - Page 3 Empty Re: Jen job done

Post by Jennza Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Jubby here, (aka Jen's hubby). Am posting a brief update cos Jen not so great today, but I thought you lovely people might be wondering about her. After coping well with the immediate post op 4 days and the journey back from Tampa, she has taken a dip today. Feeling nauseous and faint when up for any length of time. We know from other folks' posts that this is not unusual around day 5 so we're not too anxious. Jen suspects that the Vit D is causing it and has read an article that suggests that. For now she will continue to take the Calcium and Vit D but not at the level instructed by Dr N. Really good to see new members joining and getting support. BTW, what avatar?! We can't see any design, or pics of dogs or cats, but maybe cos we're using an iPad.

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi Jubby, good name !

Sorry to hear Jen is not to chirpy, hopefully just a minor blip.

I can't tolerate VitD, makes me feel really yukky.

Wish Jen better from us all and thanks for the update.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Possible the iPad is the reason you can't see the pics, will check on my friends iPad next time I see her.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 am

So sorry to hear Jen is having a bad day, but she's only 5 days post-op, and it doesn't seem like anybody really feels too well that soon afterward.   I personally felt great the very next day.  Many of my painful symptoms were gone!  Unfortunately, the very next day they were all back and worse than before surgery.     I was told that it must have been the anesthesia that gave me that nice break the day after surgery.   Dr. Norman has old me more than once that it can take up to 6 months to fully recover after surgery.    I think we just all suffer so darned badly before surgery, we want with all our hearts to feel great immediately afterward, and that doesn't seem to happen for anyone.    This disease REALLY stinks, but we all have each other to get through this, so we WILL!!

Hope Jen feels at least somewhat better tomorrow.    Please let her know we're thinking about her.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Jubby,
     Please tell Jennza that I hope she is feeling a bit better today and to get plenty of rest, she is in my thoughts too.
  I use an ipad too and at first I could not figure out where to add an avatar and then realised at the top of the screen there is a black bar that you can finger slide down and it has a " classic " view option, click that and then the forum looks like the old forum did.  I think when I do log in it comes up as the ipad friendly version.  Hope that helps.
Sue in Lincs
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:39 am

Yep, that's what I did too, Sue.  I use an iPad and I can see all the avatars in the 'classic' version.  Can't quite remember who it was but someone mentioned that they found the forum complicated to navigate? I wonder if it's because they haven't discovered how to set it to classic?

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Jen job done - Page 3 Empty Forum Display

Post by Admin Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:55 am

Jasmine2 wrote:Yep, that's what I did too, Sue.  I use an iPad and I can see all the avatars in the 'classic' version.  Can't quite remember who it was but someone mentioned that they found the forum complicated to navigate? I wonder if it's because they haven't discovered how to set it to classic?

Jasmine x

Oooh!  I did not know that there was a choice of display version - and I am the Admin  Embarassed 

I do not see any settings for this.  How do you change the display?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 am

Ummm the answer to that is, I don't know.... this happened when I first registered and the black bar Sue referred to had the option of changing the display which made it look exactly like the old forum, which is what I have now, but it's never happened again and I can't seem to get the option again from the black bar.  Maybe Sue can explain further...?

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:02 am

I'm the same I do all my posts from iPad and also had problems initially with the forum, until I think it was an arrow on the black bar I clicked and it showed classic version which is what I now use. I haven't used lap top for this yet so I'm not sure what comes up.
Hope Jen feels much better very soon.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by shery Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:10 am

Audrey,          I do not want to depreciate you,but a lot of people said it took a year to feel normal again. Do not stick to the 6 months period. Dr norman told me depression can take 3-4 months to resolve but it did not happen.As far as my recovery, at the beginning of the fifth month,I have started to feel better for some days and I thought I am starting to return to normal,but unfortunately this did not last and started to feel bad again.                                 Jennza,         Dizziness  can occur postop. a lot of people complained of it and it is mentioned in postop sheet of dr Norman. Hope you feel better every day.

shery

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:21 am

Actually, Shery, you just made my day by telling me it can take up to a year!   That is much better than thinking it never will!!!    As miserable as it all is, it is good to know there is still hope!    Smile 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:49 am

K finally figured it out, I tried to replicate how I got it to classic to no avail, logged out etc, powered on and off but did not give me the original views.  The answer is..... At the bottom of each page is a pale blue band with tabs in it, at the very right hand side is a tab called Mobile, click that and it gives the minimal version of the forum.  To get back to full version from minimal, there is a small black square at the top of the page, slide it down and get the black bar and click classic.
Hope I explained it alright, 
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:57 am

Lucycatnaps wrote:K finally figured it out, I tried to replicate how I got it to classic to no avail, logged out etc, powered on and off but did not give me the original views.  The answer is..... At the bottom of each page is a pale blue band with tabs in it, at the very right hand side is a tab called Mobile, click that and it gives the minimal version of the forum.  To get back to full version from minimal, there is a small black square at the top of the page, slide it down and get the black bar and click classic.
Hope I explained it alright, 
Sue

Hi Sue

Thank you for this.
I do not see the mobile option on my phone, PC or tablet, so this option may be specific for some devices, or web browsers.
If you can take a screenshot of this, it would be very useful and I can add a topic on this to the Forum Noticeboard.

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:59 am

Yep, just tried it and it works - you cracked it Sue!

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi Edwin,
Please forgive me as I don't know how to do a screen shot, my dd did show me but I have forgotten.  The pale blue bar is right down at the bottom of each page on mine, you really have to scroll the page right up, it is the bit below new topic post reply permissions in this forum you can reply to topics in this forum etc, off to google how to do a screen shot now Smile
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm

I've done a screen shot which I will now attempt to paste but I don't know what it will look like.....

Jen job done - Page 3 Imagejpeg
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Did it work, I'm all confused seeing a page within a page ......
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:09 pm

No it didn't show the whole page in the post but it definitely showed it all, including the relevant bar at the bottom, in the screen shot photo.  Doh! Wish I were more technical ......

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:22 pm

How do you attach a picture to a post and I'll try and do it that way.  Copy and paste didn't work .....

J
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:36 pm

Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Jasmine,
yes having same probs, found out how to take a screen shot and got it but not sure how to get it in a post, sent link to photobucket pic so hope it works. Ooppps good job I checked spelling , typed a screen snot instead of shot.
Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Yep, it worked, well done that woman! Just clicked the link and saw the pic of your screen snot...... Very Happy
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Screen snot hahahah alien  No Xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Geez, I thought maybe that was another British term.   I have never heard of a screen snot!    Laughing

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie11011 Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi, I find it very encouraging to hear that it can take some people twelve months to feel really well, but after all it makes sense, especially to those who have been living with this disease for more years than they care to remember.  I have been having pains in my hand which I never had before surgery.  It's too much of a coincidence that this started so soon after surgery that I feel sure it must somehow be connected.  I am now four months post-op.  When I broke my arm I was told expect it to continue to improve for two years, but in fact it took longer than that.  It also took longer than the usual two years for an adult diagnosed with coeliac disease for me to feel better, so I think I must just be someone who is slow to recover.  I'm really glad you have put this on the forum though, because I do think we all expect to feel really well quite soon after surgery, and it's so disappointing and frustrating for those of us who have a different experience.
Rosie

Rosie11011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum