Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre OP Assessment

+7
Amanda Lynne
Tigerlily
Little Audrey
Kathi209
bridggar
Hadleigh
MaryM
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pre OP Assessment - Page 2 Empty Pre OP Assessment

Post by MaryM Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone

I had my Pre Op Assessment yesterday.

It took nearly 2 hours.

I saw 2 different nurses for various tests, blood, height, weight, blood pressure, ECG and a long list of questions.

My blood pressure caused a problem as it was too high at 148/85.

I explained that I had been getting monitored all this year for slightly high blood pressure and that I had it checked at the doctors last Thursday and it was 140/80 and I was told that was normal.
I have been told at the doctors for the last three months that my blood pressure is normal.

The nurse at the hospital said that I would need to see my doctor and maybe get medication to lower my blood pressure as the Anesthetist may not want to go ahead with the Op while my blood pressure is so high.
The nurse had given me her phone number and I was to phone her after I had seen the doctor to let her know what the doctor was going to do.
She also said that she would speak to the Anesthetist and let me know what they say.
I left the hospital feeling weepy and fustrated.

I phoned my doctor's surgery and explained what had happened and I was told to come into the surgery at 3 o'clock yesterday.

My doctor was suprised when I explained what had happened as she did not think 148/85 was very high.
She took my blood pressure and it was now showing as 146/90, but again she thought this was okay.
My doctor explained that my blood pressure had been quite high at over 160 but for the last 3 months it has been stable at 140/80 and this range is fine for me and she said that there was no way she would give me blood pressure medication as it could cause other complications.

My doctor then went on to speak about this new problem I have with the tumor on the Adrenal glands and this problem can make you have really high blood pressure.
The results for the 24 hr urine collection was back and it was negative so it does not look like there is anything to worry about with this.

My doctor then phoned the hospital to speak to the nurse and explained about my blood pressure readings and the results of urine collection and when she came off the phone she said that the nurse will still speak to the Anethetist and forward on what had been said over the phone.

I asked the doctor if she thinks the OP will go ahead and she said she does not see why not.

So now I am hoping that the OP goes ahead as planned next Thursday as I have waited so long to get this.

On the other hand if I cannot get it due to it being too risky then I will just have to accept it but I will be so dissapointed.

Thanks for listening

Mary x

MaryM

Back to top Go down

Pre OP Assessment - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre OP Assessment

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Best of luck for tomorrow, Mary  flower 

Hugs and love
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm sure it will all go really well, Mary. Stay positive.

Love from Tigerlily with  cat  and sunny   xxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:55 am

Good luck, Mary! Can't wait to hear all about it!  flower 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content