Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!!

+2
Little Audrey
mel123
6 posters

Go down

ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!! Empty ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!!

Post by mel123 Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Disappointing day No  due to have a Gastroenterology appointment today but the hospital forgot to sort out a locum as the consultant has gone on maternity leave now.  I`ve waited more than 3 months for this appointment and now they can`t fit in me until 20th August!!

Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes a head as I`m due to have a parathyroid ultrasound scan and I`m hoping (praying) that a little b***er will be found.  After the negative sestamibi scan in June i`m not holding out much hope though.  Do they tell you at the scan if they have seen something or do you have to wait until you see your endo?

I`ve seen posts on here with regards to a 24 hour urine test  Embarassed , I`ve never done one should I suggest to my endo that I should do one to help with hopefully getting surgery?

Thanks everyone

Mel flower

mel123

Back to top Go down

ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!! Empty Re: ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!!

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Mel, so very sorry to hear about your disappointing day. Seems there are way to many of those going around, and they all stink! That is unbelievable that they are making you wait til the 20th of August now! What a shame! That just isn't right.

I will have everything crossed that at least 1 little bugger will be visible for you tomorrow! I never had any scans before my surgery, except for the 1 I had done in Tampa the morning of surgery, and I guess it's a good thing I didn't bother, because nothing even showed up that morning! Stupid tumors! If I had not been diagnosed when I was, I just may have opted for a scan, in hopes of getting diagnosed that way. I do hope it turns out that way for you!

I had two 24-hour urine tests done before my parathyroid surgery. Both were normal, so they didn't help me at all in achieving that much awaited diagnosis. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about getting 1 though. It just might be what will get you to that final goal of surgery! Maybe you will be lucky!

Good luck!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!! Empty Re: ultra sound scan tomorrow, lets hope something shows!!

Post by Tigerlily Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi Mel

When you are having the US sometimes they are happy to talk you through what they have seen if you give them a chance to have a good look first.

Do ask though, and I asked to see the adenoma that was visualised, and the Dr showed it to me, its location etc.

Good luck and I hope something shows up for you.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I too always ask to see what they are viewing when I have any type of scan. If they do show me, I usually have to ask what the heck I'm looking at, but it's very interesting! Some of the techs will tell you if they spot something. Some won't. I ask anyway. Good luck!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Good luck Mel. I hope the bugger shows up.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:04 am

Good luck with scan Mel, I always ask what they can see, some are happy to share info especially if you show some knowledge of what is being looked for and some are just non committal.
Hope a big juicy adenoma shows up for you.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 am

Best of luck, Mel. Fingers crossed that something shows up Smile

Love
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes.

Well rather confusing outcome, had the ultrasound scan this morning and after I started to engage the Dr in conversation he did eventually say he could see a 3mm thing.  He said it could be a lymph node or a adenoma but it was probably a enlarged lymph node he said the scan was not clear enough to tell.  He showed me both scans and I could see where he meant I think its on the lower left side.   I hopefully will get a copy of his report to see how he writes it up. He was very vague about it all.

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi Mel

Lower left side is a popular place to get an enlarged PTH gland (wonder why, or if anyone's done any research on this?), so it could be a candidate.

Yes, see how he writes it up and what the other two dimensions are.

They're usually vague if they don't see many of them. Did he say how many PTH adenoma he had visualised himself? The Dr at my local hospital said he'd never had so many people having them ultrasounded with him as in the last few months. Word is getting out!

Let us know what the report says, Mel.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Funny you should say that Tigerlily but this Dr also said he was inundated with people having these scans as well.  Maybe GP`s are getting their act together and have started referring people more freely.  

I look forward to his report and I will post details when received but I wont hold my breath (oh so negative). They tend to say one thing at the appointment and write a different thing all together. 

Its strange that he didn't mention the other dimension and I didn't ask (a bit foggy for a change).  He didn't say how many PTH adenoma`s he visualised and again i didn't ask!!!  I was really worried that he wouldn`t see anything as I`d previously messaged Sallie Powell, who wrote the article in the Derby Evening Telegraph recently, to ask if she was operated on in Derby (where we both live) and she said she went to Sheffield.  She said she had had both scans at Derby and nothing showed up on either and when she went to Sheffield she had a positive scan.  

Take care 

Mel

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am

Aha - Mel - get yourself referred to Sheffield for a second opinion if the result is at all vague.

My first one at my local hospital was visualised as 4mm x 4mm only. But the one I had done at Addenbrookes - perhaps with more sophisticated equipment - saw it as 17 x 6 x 4mm. The first one only saw it end-on, so to speak, but the second one saw it as torpedo-shaped, hence the third (and loger) dimension.

So glad you have Sally Powell nearby and that she will reply to messages! That is so good!

Keep us posted on progress.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Mel my initial adenoma was bottom left, that showed up on scan as 3mm but when it was taken out it was 1.5cm, it just depends what angle they see it from in US.
You could have a much larger one in there. Hope you get results soon.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Hmmm....... my bottom left was removed too, along with my bottom right. What's with those bottom glands?!  scratch 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Mine is a bottom left adenoma too. Must be the popular one, number one on Top of the Adenoma Hits Wink My only wish is that the removal of it was number one on the Surgeon's Top Hits.... 

Love 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down