Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating new labs

2 posters

Go down

Updating new labs Empty Updating new labs

Post by Kathi209 Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 am

Hi all
  I have my new labs and my magnesium and phosphorus is perfectly normal, I went in panic mode and ask about that on fb and was surprised that some had mag/ phosphorus in the normal range also and I thought it was suppose to be low in phpt. My anxiety has been though the roof lately. My pth is 71 down from 99 last time  calcium is 11.4. I was just so worried that the normal labs would set me back. I see my endo on Nov 10 so hopefully he will schedule the venous sampling and I will be moving forward. Thank for listening Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Updating new labs Empty Re: Updating new labs

Post by Tigerlily Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Kathi

My Mag has always been normal (I have a 2cm PTH adenoma), but my serum inorganic phosphates have been low and I think it is those that are generally low in pHPT.

With a calcium of 11.4 (2.85 UK), as I understand it your PTH is certainly "inappropriately unsupressed" (FP uses this description) at those levels (71=7.5; 99=10.5 in UK figures). These labs are similar to mine (although my max serum calcium is 2.73) and yours must indicate a nice juicy PTH adenoma hiding somewhere.

I'm sure your endo will be able to see this and get the VS arranged soon.
Roll on 10 November!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks Tigerlily I am glad to know that normal on mag and phosphorus in phpt is okay. I am having some dental issues so I'm off to  see the dentist.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down