Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living a double life

+5
Little Audrey
mealinacup1
Brigitte0
Amanda Lynne
pilipala
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Living a double life - Page 2 Empty Living a double life

Post by pilipala Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Just saw this article about how an artist has tried to document the hidden life you have with bipolar disease and it really resonated with me.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2014/10/28/liz_obert_dualities_looks_at_the_hidden_and_visible_worlds_of_people_living.html

I think it could apply to parathyroid patients too. There are often comments on the forum about how other people think we look fine or can't understand how we can be that well if we're still up and about doing stuff.

I've been quiet recently because I've been away with work It can be hard to explain that I am able to put on a face and have a very busy October but only because then I'm largely asleep in November.

Also just wanted to say even when I'm not posting much I am read reading all the posts and celebrating the progress and lamenting the setbacks everyone is having.

Love and hugs to all,

Dee

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Living a double life - Page 2 Empty Re: Living a double life

Post by Tigerlily Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:22 am

Thank you, Nancy - I can't see it being before Christmas now, but I'm still hoping!

I'm so pleased to hear that you have made another appointment. That surgeon did seem to take your case on board. Yes, a PTH of 88 is around 9 (div. by 9.43 for UK units - calculator fallen behind desk) which is well beyond the top of my lab's range of 6.9 pmol/L.

3 weeks is not long for you to wait (what am I saying? it's an eternity when you are the one waiting ...) and I do hope he can give you some more answers, Nancy, you do so deserve to be free of this problem.

I found the paper I mentioned on parathyroid disease possibly causing disturbances in arterial vessel wall properties - I thought the increased fullness on the opposite side of my neck to the adenoma might be due to this, but it looks as though they were talking primarily about uremic vessel wall changes in patients with kidney disease. Here is the link, though, as you may be able to make better sense of it than I can:

www.ncbi/nlm/nih.gov/pubmed/10850065

Do keep us updated on your progress, Nancy.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2