Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointment with Geneticist

+3
Jasmine2
Brigitte0
Amanda Lynne
7 posters

Go down

Appointment with Geneticist Empty Appointment with Geneticist

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:30 am

Hi All
I have my appointment with the Geneticist on 7/1/15. Unfortunately it hasn't been made at Northwick Park but up at Hammersmith MEN Clinic, so any help with parking details will be greatly received. I'm a bit nervous to find out what will be said but it has to be done and such a quick appointment is good.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Appointment with Geneticist Empty Re: Appointment with Geneticist

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:54 am

It will be great and just what you need. Their job is to put you at ease and answer all those questions you've wanted answers to for so long. I'm really pleased you've got the appointment finally. Can't help with the parking, but someone who can will be along soon. 

Massive hugs and lots of love 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 am

Hi Amanda

That's great news! I can understand your anxiety though, and fear of what you will hear but you had to fight hard for this so get the most out of the appointment you possibly can. Lots of notes for questions, hit them with all your research and get the answers you need.

Parking is diabolical at the Hammersmith I think, not sure as each time I've been I've either got the tube or taxi. Tigerlily would be the best to advise you as they've driven it several times I believe.

Good luck with it Amanda, you've got a few weeks to prepare. Oh and I'm nowhere near sorted for Christmas, just can't seem to get my head round it at all.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Londanna Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:40 am

Hi Amanda

Good news about the appointment.  I hope you will see Dr Natalie Canham on the 7th and if you do I can assure you she is really really nice.  She is very gentle (especially when imparting bad news) and I am sure she will be able to put your mind at rest.   She wil definitely have all the facts.

Good luck

Anna

Londanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Brigitte, Jasmine & Anna,
Thanks for your support, My appointment is with Dr Natalie Canham so that is reassuring, I'm hoping she won't have to give me any really bad news but nice to know she's gentle if she does.
I'll have to see about parking not sure how to play that one yet. Also I'm not sure what info I need to take with me, I presume a brief medical history (GP should have done this but I don't trust that they have) any present symptoms and any info from siblings.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Amanda

So glad, really so glad, that you have such an early appointment in the New Year! And at the Hammersmith's MEN Clinic as well. How useful is that?!! It has such a great reputation and they must be able to sort you out. And if it's not what they are currently saying, then FP's clinic will be in the same building!!

We usually park with justpark.com. It's a user-friendly interactive site that lists people's driveways and parking spots to rent for half a day (£9) or a full day (£12). You put in the area of Hammersmith Hospital and it brings up all the available spaces nearby. You can pick one, pay for it on-line and then print off the reservation that you leave on view in your car when you park there.

There is some parking in bays around the Hammersmith that you can pay for hourly but the chances of getting a space on spec would be fairly slim. You'll have enough to think about on 7th Jan without worrying about overstaying your welcome in the hospital car park, so I would pay the money and park in someone's driveway close by.

On the documentation front, I would take everything with you that you have got, with extra copies to hand over of stuff you think is relevant or most important. No, don't trust the GP to have sent stuff through.

So pleased, Amanda, so pleased for you. The Ritz beckons anew!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi Tigerlily thanks for all the parking info I love you
I don't know if it will change the diagnosis at all as I'm sure something would have shown on the US and MIBI I'm sure if something was in there and it is the second Mibi I've had since operation but if it clarifies exactly what I'm dealing with and what to expect re symptoms then I'll cope with whatever that throws at me. Also with the backing of a Genetic Consultant the Endo will have to take notice of what is reported.
I don't think I'll ever qualify as a true Ritzonian but it won't stop me being there to help others celebrate their cure.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi Amanda
You sound as though you have a handle on it all. Take the next step each time and see what that brings.

The two adenoma lurking on the opposite side of my neck didn't show on any of the 3 ultrasound scans I had, nor on the MIBI, so there's no logic to the scans, as Dr Norman always says.

I'm just so pleased you don't have to wait too long into the New Year to get on with investigating it all.

We only just miss each other with the New Year appointments as mine is at 11.00h on 06 Jan. I bet we crash into each other there soon as well!

Lots of Love and GBH from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Londanna Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Amanda

Yes, echoing Tigerlily's advice, definitely take everything you have, particularly the test results confirming you have FHH.   As your GP uses Hammersmith anyway, it could be that Dr. C already has some info.

If you need further bloods, these will be taken in the same department, so no traipsing around the hospital.

Best wishes

Anna

Londanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:22 pm

At first I thought you meant July 1 haha in the US we are backwards and it would be 1/7/2015 for Jan. 7 th.  I am almost bi lingual. Good luck Amanda. Can't help you on the parking. Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi Amanda,
I am so pleased that you don't have to wait much longer for your appointment and hopefully this doctor will be able to shed some light  and give you some much needed information.  If FHH does cause symptoms as some enlightened folk are now thinking then surely there must be some treatment options to help alleviate them.  I definitely feel you are one step nearer to getting some answers.
I really hope she can help you feel better.
Take care of yourself, Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down