Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry no admin for a day or so

+7
Little Audrey
Lucycatnaps
Admin
Jennza
Amanda Lynne
Jasmine2
Hadleigh
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sorry no admin for a day or so - Page 2 Empty Sorry no admin for a day or so

Post by Hadleigh Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks

Sorry we haven't been around today but Mr admin has been admitted into hospital, apparently he has had a silent heart attack, not obvious to anyone and the results of tests took the doctors by surprise as well.

So really sorry but he can't get onto the forum from the hospital to sort any admin probs out, he may be back home tomorrow but could be a few days depending on the timing of any tests.

So chat amongst yourselves and keep the forum lively for us  Laughing 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Sorry no admin for a day or so - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorry no admin for a day or so

Post by Hadleigh Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Assuming I can find Taunton let alone the hospital  affraid hope Mrs Satnav is in a good mood.
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Sorry no admin for a day or so - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorry no admin for a day or so

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Well, I'm sorry to hear about the surgery, Edwin, but very happy all has been taken care of, and you will soon be home.

Good luck with the drive, Nelly.    I once took a trip with my daughter.   It took us 3-1/2 hours to reach our destination and 7 hours to get back home.   We sort of got lost, and I was driving.   Not good!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Edwin sorry to hear you've had to have op to fit stents but it's better to have that done and cure the problem before it gets worse, good to hear you may be home tomorrow.
Good luck with the drive Nelly thank goodness for satnav.
Audrey I'm with you I can get lost in a big supermarket I have no sense of direction.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Linny Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Hope you are feeling better Edwin. So sorry to hear about your troubles. Jasmines comment about dicky tickers made me instantly think of Allo Allo too. Monsieur Leclerc! Take care of yourselves Mr and Mrs Admin love Lynn  I love you

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Well, I have no idea what you're all talking about here, but I'm not so sure about a dicky ticker.   I think we might have another instance of cross-pond language differences here!    scratch 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Linny Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Ticker is a heart Audrey and if it's beat isn't right it's dicky! From a comedy show involving French people during WW2. It has to be said with a French accent.  Dinky yay tikkeeuurr

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks, Lynn.   A heart is sometimes called a ticker here in the US too, but it was the dicky part that had my eyebrow raised.   Smile     Never heard that connected with the heart before.

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Linny Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 pm

I hesitate to ask what you were thinking..... Bum bags...... Fanny bags and ...dickys. We will soon be censored!

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Yes, I'm afraid we might be before long!!   Laughing

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi Edwin
I hope you are feeling much better today. Keep us posted. Prayers you and yours. I also know what a ticker is, I will leave the other alone Very Happy  Take care, Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:34 am

Hi All

I am feeling fine and expect to be going home in a few hours when Mrs and young Miss Admin come to pick me up. 

I will not be able to drive for 4 weeks, which hasn't gone down very well with Mrs Admin. 

Just remember, if Americans and Brits really understood each other, you would have a Queen and we would share the same word spellings and meanings, and have a common sense of humour ;-)
Vive la difference! (said in a French accent)

Moving on the more important things, 'dicky ticker', said in a very bad French accent (too complicated to explain) is from a TV programme called 'Allo 'Allo. The programme is a type of peculiar British (or possibly English) humour called 'farce', which is normally confined to a very small number of Theatres. I do not think that it can be easily explained to someone who has not watched it and it will not make much sense unless you appreciate farce.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/alloallo/

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:03 am

Hi Edwin, that is great news that you're going home!!!    So glad you are all patched up and ready to party again!   Very Happy    I am a bit surprised to see a post from you at this time of the night.   It is 11:00 p.m. here, so it must be 3:00 a.m. there?    You should be sleeping!   Although, if your hospitals are like ours, and I'm sure they are very similar, there is so much noise all night long, not much sleeping really gets done.    I am usually on here all alone at this time of the night.    What a nice surprise!

You know, that really is funny when you think about it, but had history been a bit different, I could be a Brit!   Well, not really, but you know what I mean.    I feel like you are all cousins over there!

Thank you so much for the link.   That was very nice of you to post.  I'll have to check it out.    

Well, I'm exhausted, so I think I'm going to try to get some sleep myself.     I hope you can do the same.  Goodnight.     Sleep 

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Edwin
Hope Mrs & Miss Admin will be picking you up soon, bet they have missed you.
I'm sure if you can't drive for a while Nelly will have you on chicken, quail, rabbit, cat, dog duties to make up for it.
Amanda xxxx

Last edited by Amanda Lynne on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks guys

Sadly, I am not allowed to lift anything heavier than a kettle for a few days  bounce 

I was sorry to see that we have lost our first member - Gina.  I just received the deleted account e-mail.

Will be on-line again when I get home. 

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:27 am

I know Gina was concerned about her real name appearing so maybe she will come back as an alias.
A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 am

Oh that's a shame about Gina, we'll miss her!  Hopefully, she'll come back to us.  I know she's a member of the closed Facebook group, and they NEVER wander off topic into anything more social, the focus is always on parathyroid disease, so maybe that suits Gina better.  Horses for courses, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another, but it would be nice to welcome her back.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:57 am

Maybe some of our ribaldry was not appreciated?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Should we stop ? Embarassed 
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:04 pm

NO!!!!!    Please don't!    This is what keeps me going on my very painful, depressing days!    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having a bit of fun while suffering so terribly.    We still share a lot of good, solid information on here, but I don't see the problem with tossing in a little laugh here and there.    Just my opinion.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Amanda Lynne wrote:Should we stop ? Embarassed 
Amanda xxxx
Noooooooooooo !
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:05 pm

How are you doing, Edwin? Are you back home yet?

Do take it easy both of you and look after yourselves and each other. Keep us posted on your hopefully daily improvement, Edwin.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Tigerlily

He's still in hospital and probably will be for at least the rest of the week, so nothing new to report just plodding along.

Nelly  Smile
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Mr Admin is back :-)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:07 pm

YIPPEE!!!!! I hope the 2 of you get some rest now!! I still think you should forget any big Easter plans. You both need to take it easy for a while!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennza Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Wonderful news...delighted to hear that. Hope you can really rest up if possible and delegate some of the work to family visiting Smile 

Jen x

Jennza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next