Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Blood Pressure

5 posters

Go down

High Blood Pressure Empty High Blood Pressure

Post by Hadleigh Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Ok we know high BP is a symptom (pre op nurse doesn't!) but has anyone had to take meds to control it before having surgery ?

They won't give me a date until I have this sorted with my GP which means it's delayed for at least 6 weeks and if it's still high on the day then I'm sent home  affraid 

What I'm wondering is if it's treatable when the cause of it is still there.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

High Blood Pressure Empty Re: High Blood Pressure

Post by bridggar Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:44 pm

I was told the same thing - by the endo. Mine was hovering around 155/80 but was often below 140/70 at home. On this basis, she agreed I should go forward. (I didn't want to take any meds for BP as it has a negative affect on insurance etc.) On the day of op the surgeon said he wasn't bothered about 160/80 (as it was on the day). FWIW I expected it to drop post surgery but it's still around 140/70 most days.

bridggar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 pm

At my pre op it was 150/80 ish and that was taken 4 times over the 2 hour appt so not drastically high.

I had a 24 hour monitor some months ago and the average was 147/80 ish and although  my cardio doc advised meds my GP agreed with me that we would hold off until surgery was done to see if it went down but it seems the hospital aren't going to play that game.

I was on a beta blocker for angina but stopped that last year, the side effect of them was me being even more stupidly tired than I am usually so I'm not keen to have any again but looks like I have no choice.

Seeing GP next week so will see what she says but so annoying that I won't get a surgery date until this is sorted and by that time my pre op will probably be out of date so will have to go through all that again.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Oh Nelly that's a pain.
I've never ever had high blood pressure mine has always been low to the point of feeling wobbly some times on standing, it's been like that since I was a child and usually measured 110-100 over 50-60
But now every time I have it done at hospital appts it's around 150/80 which for me is high.
I haven't put on weight or anything else that would affect it, so I'm thinking it's probably PTH related.
Hope it goes down for you good luck.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:43 pm

That must have been a disappointment for you, Nelly. I hope your GP can help.

I've only had high blood pressure problems whilst pregnant so I can't help you there though I do sympathise. HPT seems to cause one problem after another, doesn't it. It's like a domino effect of new symptoms/pains/aches etc. Perhaps another 24 hour monitor would be beneficial. We actually have our own BP monitor because my husband has high blood pressure. Think I should check mine now!

Best of luck and hope your BP comes down and starts behaving itself.

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Thanks

We have a BP machine as Mr Admin has to keep a check on his so I'm going to do a weeks worth of readings for the GP but I know they will be on the high side as they always are  Rolling Eyes. Just annoying this is going to take time to sort out.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Nelly,
Ohh how frustrating for you, is there anything else they can conjure up to delay your treatment?  I hope your GP can get you sorted pronto.
Hugs Sue
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down