Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well I finally heard from the nurse

+2
Little Audrey
Kathi209
6 posters

Go down

Well I finally heard from the nurse Empty Well I finally heard from the nurse

Post by Kathi209 Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 pm

The  nurse did call today and asked a bunch of questions. Told me some about the venous sampling procedure. It will be an outpatient so no overnight. But I may have to come the day before to sign consent forms and go over the vs procedure in more detail. Then told me the she doesn't do the scheduling another person will call for that What a Face Good grief. She said if I didn't hear in a day or 2 to call. Still in limboland.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Well I finally heard from the nurse Empty Re: Well I finally heard from the nurse

Post by Little Audrey Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:19 am

Well, at least your 1/2 step closer, Kathi! Glad to hear you received the call, even though it wasn't quite what you had hoped for. At least you're moving along, right?

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Well I finally heard from the nurse Empty Re: Well I finally heard from the nurse

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Kathi
A small step but I hope you get it all sorted soon.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 am

One foot outside of the door of the LL Café Kathi! Hope you get more details soon. 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:06 am

Hi Kathi,
I am so glad she eventually called you and that hopefully you will hear soon and be given a date for the vs.  Why they take so long and draw it all out is beyond me as it all just adds to the anxiety and stress. Good luck to you as well that when it does finally happen, that they find the darn thing.  
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:23 am

Good result, Kathi - hang on in there, girl, nearly there!

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks all for the support. I did talk to the lady who does the scheduling and they are waiting for insurance approval before they can give me a date.

I have been a patient person through all this as I have been at this along time and starting to louse faith in my endo who I love but is getting on my nerves. Not totally sure why. I do think even if the venous sampling doesn't pan out I going to ask him if I could at least talk to one of the surgeons, hopefully Dr Duh who is suppose to be one of the best. I think the symptoms are dragging me down. I would at times have weeks of pretty good days but not so much now. I even told my endo when I feel good I could wait forever but the bad days prove I just can't. He told me he understands that completely. But not to sure he has a game plan other than Senipar if the VS doesn't work out. Sorry just having one of those days. I am moving forward I just need to stop and take one day at a time.   Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Yes, Kathi, one step at a time is good. We all tend to run forwards in our thoughts and worry ourselves with that - I certainly do!

Being a patient patient is me too. I worry that I'm not able (thank you, pHPT!) to express what I'm going through to all these medics, so they miss the point each time. If it's a good day, I'm a bit "cavalier" about how I express my pains, and my humour about things seems to give them the wrong impression, and when I'm hurting I don't like to talk about "pain" as such, so I tone it down, and still they get the wrong impression (i.e. that there's actually nothing wrong with me). So I know what you mean about the weeks of good days.

You are moving forward though, and you seem to have a sensitive endo who understands what you explained to him (very well, I must add). It all gets on the nerves eventually, so don't worry about that either - my nerves are in shreds from it all!!

|Don't worry about his game plan. That might change when you see what the VS shows up. Baby steps. Each step forward brings up something new, so wait for that - expect it, even.

We are all here for you. Keep us posted.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:52 am

Tigerlily
Your description of describing your symptoms and pain is exactly what I do, I don't know why but either way it gets taken the wrong way and I loose the impetus of what I'm trying to get across.
Love A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 am

Kathi, you are getting somewhere, it just all seems to take so long. Keep going, girl, we're all with you. 

And yes, I understand so well that feeling of toning down how you really feel. When I first saw my Endo, I found excuses for every symptom and question he asked me until he told me I didn't have to hide. I was lucky he was so nice and understanding, I think. 

I think we get so used to the "I Am Brave" sticker, that it becomes second nature: perhaps we learned it when we became mothers and always put someone else first or perhaps we're just good at hiding how we feel. I know I couldn't have got through any of the Adenoma War without coming to the forum and finding friends who understood what I was going through. 

So don't give up, Kathi, Tigerlily and Amanda. You are all getting somewhere, however slowly. Sometimes it's just baby steps, but you are moving on. 

Best of luck, hugs and love +  cat  cat cat

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks, Amanda and Brigitte - I'm just about staying sane until Tuesday when I see FP for the results of my US and 4D SPECT scan (whatever that was!). Have had to wait 6 weeks for these results ....

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 am

Hi all

Tigerlily and Brigitte we are a lot alike. I seem to  be  more on the quiet side when I see my doctor. I did speak up the last time I seen him. Best of luck on Tuesday.Tigerlily

I finally got a date for the venous sampling it will be Dec 10th. I am still a little confused on the insurance as they told me I didn't need pre approval  but they are going to talk to them anyway. WHAT....I pray that doesn't get sticky.  hugs to all

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:40 am

Kathi, good news in that you have a date for the venous sampling Smile  I don't understand the insurance stuff, since we just have to fight the NHS but I hope everything is sorted out with no hassle. 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:41 am

Kathi
I'm glad to hear you finally have a date set for VS.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks, Kathi - so glad you have a date for the VS, not long now and before Christmas, too.

Thanks for your good wishes about Tuesday with FP, will report in after.

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:07 am

Kathi, I haven't been on here for a few days, so I'm a bit late with this, but I'm VERY happy you have a date for the venous sampling now! cheers Getting closer and closer!!

Onward soldier!!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down