Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scans done

+4
Amanda Lynne
Tigerlily
NancyMi
Hadleigh
8 posters

Go down

Scans done Empty Scans done

Post by Hadleigh Fri May 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Blimey what a long day, had my mibi and US scans today. New hospital and new machines so the staff are still learning !!

Had 2 doctors do the us as the 1st one wanted a second opinion, apparently the left side is the problem but they can't work out whats what, a mish mash of lymph glands, nodules and thyroid tissue, i guess my past surgery has confused things   Rolling Eyes 

She couldn't see much on the mibi but said they would see more when all the scans were looked at together.

My neck has really suffered with todays antics, might not be able to move later  Rolling Eyes 

Dog walk time, sees you later

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Scans done Empty Re: Scans done

Post by NancyMi Fri May 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Nelly, 
   Glad your scans are done.  I believe with the mibi it is more often negative but that may just mean the gland is right behind the thyroid gland.

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Fri May 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Good to get it all done together though, Nelly. Have a good rest tonight; sounds as though it was exhausting!

Love Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 am

Yes well the mibi was more time consuming than i expected. I had read you had an initial scan then another 2-3 hours later but i had 2 10 min scans every hour for 4 hours, so i hope it was worth the effort, really annoying if nothing shows.

Not sure if my pre op next week is a bit premature as the surgeon won't have seen the scans so it could be a wasted journey if he decides he's not going to operate  Neutral although he did say he would do it with negative scans just be more difficult.

Oh well will have to wait and see what happens.

I hope everyone is feeling ok-ish today and you all have a good weekend, first job here is a flipping trip to Tesco, boring.

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat May 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi Nelly enjoy Tesco !!!!! I'm glad you got all your scans done, it is strange how different the mibi scans are done at each hospital. I've had 2 done and each was different.
Hope your neck isn't too bad today.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat May 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Nelly

Ooh Tesco's on a Saturday at the end of the month - gruesome! Glad you got your scans done and dusted, won't your surgeon be able to view them on the system even if they haven't been officially reported on by the radiology consultant? As I recall, that's what Mac the Knife did, and the technician also gave me a disc containing the images to give to him as well, although he didn't need it.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Sat May 31, 2014 2:59 pm

I hope Tesco lived up to expectations, Nelly! I must confess that I've given up trekking there and get them to deliver to me, because it's much less hassle and costs less in fuel than a £1 delivery fee!

It is indeed strange how mibi scans are so different. I had one that went on for 45 minutes and I was so uncomfortable and of course couldn't move! It's funny how you're so desperate to move when you can't: like being at the dentist and telling yourself you can't swallow!

I hope your neck is better today.

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by lozza Sat May 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Nelly,
 just catching up on posts, glad you have got the scans over with and hope you treated yourself to something nice - chocolate always works for me.

hope you are having  a good weekend.
best wishes

Lozza

lozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Sat May 31, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi lozza

No nothing nice afterwards, we had a late sandwich in Marks and Sparks coffee shop but my sandwich selection wasn't that great but the tea was good. Chocolate works for me to  Wink dam forgot to buy some today  Neutral 

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:52 am

Nelly, I'm a bit behind here with the posts too, and I just now spotted this one. I'm very glad your scans have been completed! Sounds like you had a rough day!! Hopefully, something will light up for you!  Smile  Fingers are crossed!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down