Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New appointments at Hammersmith and St Mary's Hospital London!

+3
Amanda Lynne
Brigitte0
mealinacup1
7 posters

Go down

New appointments at Hammersmith and  St Mary's Hospital London! Empty New appointments at Hammersmith and St Mary's Hospital London!

Post by mealinacup1 Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:38 pm

HI all,

After my appointment on the 12th of this month with FP, when he gave the rough guide of maybe 6 months to a operation, after he had eliminated FHH, i came away some what down hearted, as i was given this estimation by my previous hospital and i have been feeling quite low since, because here i am over 2 years later still feeling the same.

I know he has a good reputation, but i have kind of lost my faith in Doctors/ consultants at the moment, i think this partly due to the fact that
it takes so long and it is such a battle to get anywhere with this Parathyroid Disease.

So i have got myself into a very negative mindset and just envisioned another 2 years on this awful treadmill, but FP has restored my faith somewhat two appointment letters came this morning, one was for a NW-Bone Densitometry DXA on the 5th of September (Previous hospital never bothered!)and as well as the 24 hour urine collection, blood test and a follow up appointment back at Hammersmith on the 23th of September.
Most certainly FP does not hang about and gets things moving  Very Happy  so i more hopeful now and i have just probably hit a low spot!

I hope you are all well

Have a good weekend!

Diana x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

New appointments at Hammersmith and  St Mary's Hospital London! Empty Re: New appointments at Hammersmith and St Mary's Hospital London!

Post by Brigitte0 Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Great news Diana! More proof that FP is a caring bloke who gets things done for his patients. This must be very uplifting when you've been down in the dumps and I'm very pleased for you  Smile 

Love and hugs for a great weekend 
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

New appointments at Hammersmith and  St Mary's Hospital London! Empty Re: New appointments at Hammersmith and St Mary's Hospital London!

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Diana so glad you are feeling better about things and FP has restored your faith. Get those two appointment out of the way and you will getting closer and closer to your surgery.
Have a brill weekend.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:43 pm

So glad that FP is doing a quick turnaround for you, Diana - that's really good news.

Hope it makes you feel a bit better about things. Everything does usually take so long; I know what you mean.

Relax and have a good weekend knowing that you are in safe and efficient hands, Diana.

Love from Tigerlily (waiting for my letters now!!) xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Really great news for you, Diana! So pleased for you, it must have given you such a boost! I'm starting to get really twitchy now hearing about all your positive experiences with FP, especially as it was quite a while since I saw him for the first time, and having raved about him it's so gratifying to see people following in my footsteps and having positive experiences under his care. I'm itching to get the bloomin' dark cloud of FHH from over my head and hitch my horses to FP's wagon again and get back on the pHPT trail! The Hammersmith is within spitting distance from where my son lives so we've got our board and lodgings all sorted ..... come on Oxford genetics lab, get on with it ......!

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Adding cyber prods to the Oxford lab, Jasmine, on your behalf - next week might be the week.

Love and GBH from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Sending much love, big hugs and appreciation to Linny as she was the trailblazer for referrals to FP, having had unsuccessful first surgery with MTK (in the same club as myself and Amanda....!) she sussed him out as the man for her re-do. She hasn't been on here for a while and I know she was quite poorly after her surgery when her calcium dropped really low. Really hoping that you're feeling much better Linny and thanks for blazing the trail for us.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:04 pm

I am glad things are moving forward for you. Hugs Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:51 pm

I second that Jasmine, hope Linny is feeling much better and back to normal and enjoying life.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Wow, Diana, this is WONDERFUL news!!! Oh, how I remember that feeling of desperation and gloom, but things really do get better! Don't ever give up. There will ALWAYS be someone somewhere who will help us! I had to wait 3 years for a diagnosis. I can tell you those were the longest 3 years of my life!! It is so hard to continue fighting when you are struggling so badly with symptoms and feeling so darned sick, but you can never stop marching forward!

I am so very happy for you! And please do not get discouraged if your scans are all negative, and your urine calcium is normal. Remember, I never had any kidney stones, my ionized calcium was never elevated , my urine calcium was always normal, and my albumin and phosphorus were no help in getting me diagnosed either. Oh, and let's not forget I had a negative scan the morning of surgery, and I had 2 tumors removed!! I finally found someone who realized that as long as your PTH levels are inappropriately high for your calcium levels, there is a problem!

Wow, this is a great day for us both! Wish we could celebrate!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down