Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital.

5 posters

Go down

Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital. Empty Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital.

Post by mealinacup1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi everyone,
My last appointment with FP was today, he was very pleased with my scar and how it was healing,i was advised to massage and moisturise the area around the scar as this would promote healing.
FP informed me it was a big adenoma he removed from my upper chest and after the operation my PTH and calcium levels dropped to normal levels almost immediately, mind you they were at crazy high levels.
I had a final blood test today to check, then he would inform me in writing that i would be discharged and apparently my hot flushes and night sweats are down to the menopause and i should see my GP if they become troublesome.
So i thanked him and informed him that i was very pleased with my outcome and i thought that him and his team were brilliant (He looked embaressed poor man!) So onwards and upwards.
I feel guilty sharing my happiness with you all as i deffinately feel much improved as so many of you are fighting to regain your health and struggling to be diagnosed but i hope my case offers hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
So take care all of you and i will continue to visit this forum, as i have found it to be informative, helpful, friendly and very welcoming.

Take care everyone
love
Diana

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital. Empty Re: Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital.

Post by Kathi209 Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:32 am

Diana  I am so happy to hear your so much better. Please don't feel guilty I love happy stories, gives me hope. Yes I was very worried about your high calcium. I thought jeez your going to be in the hospital before FP  can do your surgery. So glad everything worked out well. Just because you are all fixed up don't leave the forum we still require updates. lol  Big cyber hug Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital. Empty Re: Discharged post op consultation with FP at Hammersmith Hospital.

Post by mealinacup1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Thanks Kathi,
I won't leave the forum, i will offer information if i can.
Take care
Diana

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi Diana so pleased you are on the other side and feeling good.
Don't ever worry about posting good news, it's great to hear success stories.
Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Great news Diana, please do not feel uncomfortable posting good news. Any positive news gives us hope! All the best, Mel x

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi Diana

So glad you have been discharged by FP and all is well. I looked out for you on Tuesday, but he was running late and your appointment was much earlier than mine was, so our paths didn't cross - I was doing a bit of neck-checking to see if I could identify you!!

Yes, I praised him and his excellent team and he did get a bit embarrassed - he'll have to get used to it - bless him!

Don't be a stranger on the forum, as we need updates to know that you are well and thriving post-op.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your "new life".

Love from Tigerlily xxxx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks Amanda, Mel and Tigerlilly.
Tigerlilly as i left i had a quick scan after i had my blood test to see if i could see you, but i couldn't.

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down