Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phosphate levels

2 posters

Go down

Phosphate levels Empty Phosphate levels

Post by Hadleigh Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone is aware of their phosphate levels, my phosphate is low 0.9 (0.8-1.5) so was just reading up on it -

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Hypophosphataemia.htm

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Phosphate levels Empty Re: Phosphate levels

Post by Brigitte0 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 pm

That's interesting Nelly. That's where I came into the entire HPT thinking in the first place because my phosphate was low and LFT showed elevated alkaline phosphatase. I'd almost forgotten that's how it began! They started to test me for more problems which is when the calcium and PTH showed up as elevated. I don't think the phosphate level has been mentioned much again since, though maybe it was when the Vit D deficiency was tied up the elevated ALP and tentatively linked with the use of an anti-epileptic drug. My foggy brain can't remember everything: I do wish I could record my appointments! After that they got all excited with PHPT and the whole world changed.

What is going to happen with your anti-social phosphate levels then Nelly?

Love
Brigitte x
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi Brigitte

I have had high LFT's for the last 7 years at least, ALP being the worst, i had a liver biopsy which showed nothing so they have just monitored my levels since but my Gastro Con is now thinking about more tests after my para surgery. Not sure how long phos has been low but as per usual GP has said nothing, my Gastro Con is more use than GP !

The problem is so many things appear to go out of whack with this pth rubbish it's impossible to tell whats what. Maybe everything will miraculously go back to normal one day, hmmm maybe not.

How are you doing now ?

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:48 am

Hi Nelly

Perhaps I should ask my GP about my ALP levels when I see him next week, but I rather think he's abandoned every weirdness about me to HPT, except the plantar fasciitis which he doesn't think is connected. I rather hope it is nonetheless and that it might depart once I've had surgery. I'm banking on a lot of weirdness departing when I've had surgery! At the moment, I've got a nauseous feeling going on which can be really bad or just there in the background. When it's really bad, I don't feel like eating much, which is one way to lose weight I suppose but a bit extreme when it makes you feel so rubbish. My brain's still in a mush and I think HPT is testing me or something!! It's in control!

I think you're right that everything really does go haywire with this annoying disease and you can't tell what's going on in any part of you any more. You don't own your body any longer, or even recognise it.

Thank you for all your help.

Love
Brigitte xx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down