Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In hospital :(

+7
Kathi209
mealinacup1
Lucycatnaps
Amanda Lynne
pilipala
Hadleigh
Brigitte0
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In hospital :( Empty In hospital :(

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 am

Well so far, the other side has all gone horribly wrong. Yesterday morning, I had what they think was a fit and came to hospital in an ambulance, (those things are uncomfortable). Had another seizure yesterday so am still here. I couldn't pass urine so a catheter is doing that for me. I had a chest x-ray at some stupid time of night and other than that I have no idea what is going on. And this phone battery will run out soon. I wish I knew what was going on Sad

Love 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

In hospital :( Empty Re: In hospital :(

Post by Hadleigh Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:08 am

Oh Brigitte poor you, I hope you find out soon what is going on, we will all be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for a speedy recovery.

Take care

Nelly xxxx
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:31 am

Oh my goodness, Brigitte, how awful for you. Not how you want your post op recovery to be going! Hope they find out soon what's causing this and have you on the mend ASAP! Thinking of you and sending you big hugs through cyberspace. Try and keep us posted if you can. Technology ....grrrrr! Just when you need it!

Love and hugs

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by pilipala Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:43 am

Hi Brigitte,

Really hope they get to the bottom of this quickly. Do they know what your calcium level is? Has it crashed through the floor? 

Thinking of you.

Dee. xxxxxxx

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi Brigitte, 

So sorry to hear this, wishing you a quick recovery and big hugs. 

Take care 

Mel x

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Thinking of you Brigitte I've emailed and PM'd you.
Love A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Thinking of you too Amanda, bless you .......... 

J x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucycatnaps Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Ohhh Brigitte,
Only just got in and so sorry to read you are back in hospital.  I really hope that everything will settle with time but I am sure they will keep a close eye on you.  Thinking of you and take it easy.
Hugs for you and no more misbehaving!
Sue x
Lucycatnaps
Lucycatnaps

Back to top Go down

Post by mealinacup1 Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi Brigitte,
Sorry to hear you are back in hospital, i am sure they will quickly find out what is causing your set back.
Thinking of you and take care.
Hugs
Diana
x

mealinacup1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Oh Brigitte I am so sorry to hear your in the hospital. Maybe your calcium went to low, or thyroid may have crashed. Hope you get some answers. Prayers going your way. Hugs Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:40 pm

I hate hospital, it's like getting blood out of a stone to find anything out about yourself! All they tell me is that I have low sodium which may or may not cause the seizures I've had. No one cares about the parathyroid stuff or the state of my calcium. All I know at the moment which is figuring hugely in my mind is that I shall have to surrender my driving licence to DVLA. It all seems a bit odd that I should start having fits after 22 years free. So depressing. They think I got dehydrated on the day of the op....

Sorry to be so down in the dumps. I shall try and read what has been happening here on the forum and really hope you're all in a better place than I am. 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Oh Brigitte, feeling sad for you.....and having to lose your independence too ..... bummer! It makes me so cross how the medics allow people to become so dehydrated when waiting on the day for surgery. There's absolutely no need for it; when I had my surgery at the Norman PT centre I developed a really bad headache pre op and said I thought it was from dehydration. Immediately, one of the nurses came and put an IV line in and gave me fluids. Here in the UK if you say you're really thirsty and headachy whilst waiting for your theatre slot they just shrug their shoulders and say you can't have fluids. Well we know that, no oral fluids, but what's wrong with IV fluids to prevent problems from dehydration? Probably a cost thing .....

So sorry you're having to go through this Brigitte, as if you haven't had enough to deal with ......  thinking of you, and catch this hug coming your way through the ether. Oh and here are some flowers flowerflowerflower and some sunshine sunny oh and some cats for good measure catcatcatcat

Love and hugs

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigitte0 Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Thanks Jasmine, I really needed those Smile I've been moved but no one knows what's going on here. I've just taken my anti-epileptic since the neurologist earlier said be sure to take it regularly because it's a bit important... No drugs round? All they offer is tea or coffee at 9pm, what is this?! Perhaps I should ring the ward and find out how I am Wink After a while, everything becomes funny in a sad way. I wonder if it was worth having a parathyroidectomy: I felt great for a few hours and it's been downhill ever since. 

Sorry to off load. There's nothing so lonely as being in hospital with the NHS in Southampton apparently. 

Love and hugs 

Brigitte xxxx
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:42 pm

It is a coincidence this kicked off after your op Brigitte, kind of indicates that something is possibly out of balance, apparently along with calcium, magnesium and phosphate can go hypo and potassium hyper post op so hopefully they have checked all those.

I hope you manage to find something out asap and they can fix it quickly so you can get back home.

Hang in there Brigitte I love you

Nelly and Edwin xxx
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by pilipala Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:10 pm

The other thing to bear in mind is that it's not the overall level it's the rate of change that causes problems. They should be comparing your current blood minerals levels with those pre-op, not whether they are blinking in range or not. Hope you get to see a switched on doc who can start answering your questions.

Hospitals are miserable places. I've been trying to think of a joke for you but can't get my hpt-addled mind to even spell addled adled adeled, nope I give up on that.

Here's my best joke for six year olds instead
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Europe
Europe who?
Well, there's no need for that.

pilipala

Back to top Go down

Post by mel123 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Oh Brigitte,  I hope you get some answers quickly and get off home.

Take care  flower

Mel x

mel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:27 pm

OK let's all tell a joke to cheer Brigitte up! Here's mine, it's a bit risqué but it's my favourite so I'll risk it:

Bloke walks into the doctor's in tears and says "doctor you've got to help me, I've got a steering wheel stuck down my trousers and it's driving me nuts .......! Ba boom! 

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:39 pm

What do you call an alligator in a vest ?

An investigator  Laughing
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 am

Bahahahaha, Brigitte  I can't think of a joke. But keep us posted. flower flower flower flower flower flower flower Kathi

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Meggy Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm

What do you call a deer with no eyes? No eye deer.

Sorry, that's really bad!

Really sorry to hear that you're going through such a rotten time, hope they get their act together and sort you out soon xx

Meggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Holy cow, I'm not on here for a day, and everything goes haywire!!! Geez, Brigitte, what is going on with you, girl?!! I am so very sorry to hear of all of this! You poor thing!
I do hope they get this all straightened out very soon for you.

I noticed you mentioned low sodium. Just being diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency due to low aldosterone and renin, I would like to suggest your doctors check your adrenal function, and don't let them just check your cortisol. Make sure they test your aldosterone and renin. Low aldosterone causes low serum sodium and elevated urine sodium. Your body can't hold on to sodium, which causes low blood pressure. Aldosterone also regulates our body's fluid. Low aldosterone can cause edema while causing a person to also be dehydrated. I know that sound goofy, but it's because edema is fluid outside of the cells. When a person is dehydrated, it is the intracellular fluid that is low. I had an EXTREMELY dry, sore, painful mouth, tongue, and gums, while I was terribly swollen from water!

Please have your doctors check your adrenal function!

Lots of hugs coming your way from the US!!! Stay strong! It will get better!!

Love,
Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Why did the snail cross the road?

He was stuck on the chicken's back! geek

Hope chicken jokes are as big in the UK as they are here, or that wouldn't be funny AT ALL!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Meggy, what do you call a deer with no eyes AND no legs? Still no eye deer! Yep, very poor I know .....

J x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Great jokes, people! I think they're probably cheering us ALL up!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi209 Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Q. What do you get when you cross a bear with a deer?
A.  Beer

Why can't dogs dance?
They have 2 left feet.

Kathi209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next